Born in 1946, Lady Victoria moved to Burghley House, Stamford in 1956. Married to Simon, they lived in London with their two children, before moving to Northumberland.
Lady Victoria co-owned and ran a bespoke Knitwear and Haberdashery business. In 1978 they moved south to Alconbury. She worked for Sotherby’s, managing the Cambridge business, and then left to run Burghley House in 1982. For 20 years, Lady Victoria was a Valuer on the BBC Antiques Roadshow, and also wrote and presented a programme called Heirs and Graces.
Lady Victoria was Honorary Colonel of 158 Royal Anglian Regiment, from 1996–2002. From 2012-13, she was the first female Master of The Drapers Company.
In 2007, Lady Victoria retired to Fotheringhay, where she and her husband are helping to restore the Plantagenet Church, where the profits from the new initiative of “Fotheringhay Gin” will go to. In her spare time, Lady Victoria loves spending time with her dogs, and is a keen gardener and painter.
Lady Victoria was awarded an MBE in 2018 for services to the community, and was appointed as a Deputy Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire in 1993.